Please click the title to open the link
- Citizens, politicians have different conceptions of political parties
- Do we need a state of emergency and what does it mean?
- Constitutional Relations between China and Hong Kong
- Brutality: Police give us far more cause to resent and fear than to respect them
- How to understand the message of the Constitution
- DPP cannot be directed what to do, but must act constitutionally
- Constitution relations between China and Hong Kong
- Truth, justice needed for victims of rights violations
- Constitution has failed to produce true political parties, so will BBI
- Why there is suspicion 14 regions proposal is all about jobs for politicians
2019 Katiba Corner Articles
- Neither BBI nor debate on it is strengthening democracy
- Options to Nairobi leadership crisis after Sonko charging
- Senators have shown little regard for their profession’s ethics, constituents and Constitution
- Constitutions and what politicians do to them
- Okoa Mombasa! Okoa Kiambu! Do the counties need saving?
- Hong Kong and the betrayal by China
- Why counties need to increase investment in climate change, disaster risk reduction
- Business, not just government, must respect human rights;
- Citizen, dual citizen, citizen by birth explained;
- Waiting for BBI: A new system with or without a referendum?;
- How to impeach a president or governor. Understanding the parliamentary system
- High Court decision on demos offends constitutional right of assembly;
- Public access to law is important, and Kenya is a leader;
- Ethnicity in politics and society;
- Interesting week for parliamentary systems of government.
- Houses of Parliament should be viewed as equals and collaborate;
- Courts are trying to wrestle with the Constitution and its impact on the law;
- Houses of Parliament should be viewed as equals and collaborate.
- New database to help document ‘fight against corruption’ in courts;
- Mwende Mwinzi: What does the law say about public service and dual nationals?;
- Why the Constitution is not like a computer programme;
- Has the Constitution failed or it’s the implementers? Kenyans have their say
- The military is not (or should not be) some law-free zone
- A Snapshot: Quest for implementation of the two-thirds gender rule in courts,
- Open memo to Justice committee on amending Article 90,
- For policies to succeed, they must be constitutional and based on careful thought
- State must pay special attention to minorities’ needs,
- In defence of Court of Appeal over age of consent,
- It is the politics, stupid: (Not) Kenya Style,
- Is Kenya a beneficiary or victim of Chinese Belt and Road Initiative?
- Whoever you are, wherever you are, water is your human right;
- Kenyans have become victims of their ‘leaders’;
- Promise and betrayal of the Constitution;
- Okoa Kenya mess reborn as Punguza Mizigo.